The Mary Louis Academy in Jamaica Estates, New York, is a Catholic college preparatory school for young women founded in 1936 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Brentwood, New York. Our academic philosophy—rooted in the Sisters’ charism of unity, reconciliation, and all-inclusive love—emphasizes intellectual, social, and spiritual growth. Our dedicated teachers, academic quality, outstanding facilities, and committed students create an unparalleled school spirit.
For more than eight decades, The Mary Louis Academy has been widely recognized and highly regarded as one of the nation’s preeminent college preparatory high schools. Our central focus at TMLA is academic achievement, and our students excel.
- The majority of students receive the NY State Regents diploma with Advanced Designation (New York State’s highest diploma standard)
- Accomplished faculty teaches a wide variety of college-level and Honors classes
- 17 Advanced Placement courses offered in every major discipline, beginning in ninth grade.
We do not track students! The foundation of our success rests on individualized programs which encourage students to pursue their interests and strengths, allowing them to take advanced courses in any area in which they excel.
Our campus is a busy and vibrant scene after classes have ended, as students participate in TMLA extracurricular life.
- TMLA has over 40 clubs that engage students in various activities drawn from their talents and interests.
- With 29 athletic teams, TMLA has the most extensive all-girls sports program in NYC. We have won numerous championships in sectional, city, and state competitions, and our graduates are represented in every college sports Division.