Welcome to the Library!
The TMLA library is a beautiful and welcoming space. It was modeled after the Sterling Memorial Library at Yale University but most students say it reminds them of the library from Harry Potter. It has many unique characteristics including:
- A Fireplace
- Stone Engravings
- Two window benches
- Vaulted ceilings with wood beam accents
- Original wrought iron chandeliers
- Four wood carvings around the room depicting the four disciplines of study
- Over 9,000 books
- Magazine and newspaper subscriptions
- NovelNY databases with a collection of Gale databases, Plus Portals Bloom’s Literary Reference, Twayne’s Literary Criticism and The Dictionary of Literary Biography. (These are available in school and at home)
Technology in the Library
- 8 Apple iMac computers
- 10 Laptops
- 10 Nooks
- Wireless Internet connection
- 2 air printers (both in color and black and white
- Green Screen technology-be able to make a film with a backdrop anywhere in the world
- Virtual reality goggles- to take virtual field trips to museums and events around the world now and in the past.
- Breakout games-An escape room in a box. You have to answer questions about the curriculum in order to open the locks on the boxes.
- 3D printer and 3D pens to create various materials.
- Robotics kit lending library-students can take home robotics kits to put together robots and use coding to have it come to life.
- Cricut Crafting Machine
- Library skills classes for the freshwomen so they are comfortable finding information.
- Research classes for the seniors to prepare them for their senior research paper.
- Various other classes during the school year.
- Hours-7:30-3:30 every day except Friday-closing time is 2:45.
- The students can come to the library during their unscheduled periods and before or after school for quiet study.
- All materials may be borrowed with an ID card.
- Databases are available through the students Plusportals account.
- Two librarians are on staff to assist students.