A full-time College Counselor provides individualized college planning for all students.
The College Counselor directs seminars on college topics for Seniors and Juniors, as well as schedules interviews regarding their choices. Parents are invited to schedule a personal appointment to discuss a student's college plans. Some of the opportunities that are available to our students are:
- Financial Aid meetings as well as College Fairs in the fall with over 75 college representatives to assist students and their families.
- College representatives interview students and answer questions during many junior and senior lunch periods.
- Through our College Advantage Program, in affiliation with St. John's University, eligible students may take fully accredited college course while at TMLA.
Through the generosity of an alumna, a grant called ASPIRE, enables TMLA to offer additional programs:
- One cost-free college trip for every junior.
- Financial advisement focused on scholarships, financial aid, loans and the appeal process.
- SAT/ACT Preparation course and/or Boot Camps on site or remotely at a reduced cost.
- Individual professional admission counseling for select students from spring of junior year through their commitment decision in senior year.
A monumental enhancement to our renowned college prep program has been launched:
ASPIRE Scholars Program—whose goal is to make possible the impossible—helps to fill the gap between college or university scholarships, grants, financial aid, loans and what families are not otherwise able to meet.
To find out more about the ASPIRE Scholars Program and how to apply, visit here.