TMLA’s Women in Engineering Week
TMLA is offering a 5 day intensive experience in engineering this summer August 8 – 12, 2022.
TMLA’s WOMEN IN ENGINEERING WEEK is designed to inspire young women to explore Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer, Software, and Environmental Engineering.
Dates: August 8 -12, 2022
Time: 9am to 3pm
Location: The Mary Louis Academy
Who May Attend: Young women entering 8th grade as of September 2022 as well as TMLA Class of 2026, and Class of 2025. Enrollment limited to 30 participants.
Cost: $150 per student.
Each day will include hands-on team based fun projects and applying your creativity to solving real-life engineering challenges, in order to
- design a mechanical hand
- create a watercraft to explore buoyancy
- harness sustainable energy with a wind turbine
- explore current multiplied by voltage to give power
- do much more
Throughout the week, activities also will include
- Touring engineering labs at a local college.
- Experiencing TMLA’s 3D printer at work; learning how it functions.
- Marveling at TMLA Robotic team’s projects in TMLA Engineering lab. On Friday’s End-of-Program Celebration, families and friends were invited to watch students present their design projects and what they had learned during the week.
Engineers help shape the future.
Engineering unleashes the spirit of innovation.
Engineers constantly discover ways to improve our lives.
TMLA hopes to foster your natural curiosity and encourage the spirit of innovation to engage with the many challenges of our time.
Rhoxanne Morris, Head Instructor, Mechanical Engineering from San Jose University, California
Guest lecturer Kathleen Rutherford, TMLA ’79, Electrical and Biomedical Engineering