TMLA College Placement Program is a comprehensive program that begins in grade 9. We seek to empower each student to choose colleges and universities that fit with her unique abilities, aspirations, interests and character.
A full-time College Counselor provides individualized college planning for students. This is in addition to the continued assistance of her assigned counselor. (For topics considered during a student’s four years by the Counseling Department, click here.) The College Counselor directs seminars on college topics for Seniors and Juniors, as well as schedules interviews regarding their choices. Parents are invited to schedule a personal appointment to discuss a student’s college plans.
Other Features of our College Placement Program:
- TMLA College Handbook contains a wealth of information to illuminate many aspects of college applications for students and their families. Click here for College_Handbook(1).
- TMLA hosts a Financial Aid meeting as well as a College Fair in the fall with over 100 representatives of colleges to inform students and their families.
- College representatives interview students and answer questions during many senior lunch periods.
- Naviance, a special software program, assists students and parents with college applications.
- Through our College Advantage Program, in affiliation with St. John’s University, eligible Juniors and Seniors may take fully accredited college courses while at TMLA. Students earn both Mary Louis and University credit.
Through the generosity of an alumna, TMLA has received a special grant that enables us to offer selected students three special programs: A College Visit Program for Juniors and Seniors. For 2016-2017: Oct. 25/26 -1st overnight trip; Nov. 15 -1st Day Trip; Jan. 12 -2nd Day Trip; Feb. 9 -3rd Day Trip; Feb. 27/28 -2nd overnight trip (top 50 juniors)
SAT Preparation course. Two independent College Counselors who work individually with students and parents through the admissions process.
College admission representatives can now go to RepVisits.com to schedule an appointment with our high school.