TMLA College Placement Program is a comprehensive program that begins in grade 9. We seek to empower each student to choose colleges and universities that fit with her unique abilities, aspirations, interests and character.
A full-time College Counselor provides individualized college planning for students. This is in addition to the continued assistance of her assigned counselor. (For topics considered during a student’s four years by the Counseling Department, click here.) The College Counselor directs seminars on college topics for Seniors and Juniors, as well as schedules interviews regarding their choices. Parents are invited to schedule a personal appointment to discuss a student’s college plans.
Other Features of our College Placement Program:
- TMLA hosts a Financial Aid meeting as well as a College Fair in the fall with over 100 representatives of colleges to inform students and their families.
- College representatives interview students and answer questions during many senior lunch periods.
- Naviance, a special software program, assists students and parents with college applications.
- Through our College Advantage Program, in affiliation with St. John’s University, eligible Juniors and Seniors may take fully accredited college courses while at TMLA. Students earn both Mary Louis and University credit.
Through the generosity of an alumna, TMLA has received a special grant that enables us to offer selected students three special programs:
A College Visit Program for Juniors and Seniors consisting of day trips and overnight trip from Washington DC to Rhode Island.
SAT Preparation course. Two independent College Counselors who work individually with students and parents through the admissions process.
College admission representatives can now go to RepVisits.com to schedule an appointment with our high school.
The Mary Louis Academy is proud to announce the launch of the ASPIRE College Prep Initiative, a monumental enhancement to our renowned college prep program. Through this program, Mary Louis students will enjoy:
- Day and overnight trips to visit top-tier colleges and universities at no cost
- An additional College Counselor to our current staff
- On-campus SAT/ACT prep courses at little or no cost
- Independent college application/admissions consultation
- Financial advisement focused on the scholarship, financial aid and loan process
Our new ASPIRE College Prep Initiative will give each young woman at TMLA the competitive edge and necessary resources throughout the college process and beyond.