Our goal is to educate the world’s future leaders. We encourage students to recognize and develop their unique talents and gifts.
We do not track students. Our individualized programs encourage students to pursue their interests and strengths, allowing them to take advanced courses in any area in which they excel. A student may choose an all-Honors/Advanced Placement course of study or she may choose an advanced course in one subject, while continuing in a Regents curriculum in other courses. As she develops increased confidence in her capabilities, a student may add more advanced courses to her schedule. We recommend that students choose the most interesting and demanding course of academic study in keeping with their abilities and ambitions.
- Student-teacher ratio is 13:1.
- Average class size is 26
- Honors and Advancement Placement courses are available in every academic discipline beginning in ninth grade.
Incoming freshwomen may apply for Honors level courses in English, Social Studies, Living Environment, Integrated Algebra and/or AP World History. Acceptance into an Honors level course is based upon TACHS scores, previous academic record and teacher recommendation. Freshwomen who receive academic scholarships are enrolled into all Honors Level courses.
Juniors and Seniors who achieve a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 are eligible for the Mary Louis Chapter of the National Honor Society
Special Academic Programs
- Fine Arts Program offers a major concentration in art and music. Our art students’ work has been displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art – a unique honor.
- Music program includes new recording studio for our award-winning musicians.
- The STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) curriculum includes award–winning programs in Robotics and Forensic Science (p.28).
- Science Research Program -students work with professional mentor on chosen topic. (p.29)
- The College Advantage Program with St. John’s University enables juniors and seniors to earn college credit in a wide variety of courses.
- Every member of the graduating class earns a NY State Regents Diploma; the majority receive the NY State Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation, the state’s highest standard.
- Seniors notch a 100% acceptance rate to college.
- Students are consistently among those recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Program, National Achievement Scholarship Program, and the National Hispanic Recognition Program.
- For a complete look at our unique College Placement Program click here.