Our goal is to educate the world’s future leaders. We encourage students to recognize and develop their own unique talents and gifts. For this reason, TMLA students enjoy a challenging academic curriculum in an atmosphere that fosters excellence and respect.
- Student-teacher ratio is 13:1.
- Average class size is 25.
- Honors and Advancement Placement courses in every major discipline. A Fine Arts major is offered in Art and Music.
- An affiliate program with St. John’s University enables seniors to earn college credit while attending classes at TMLA.
- Modern science labs support study in Chemistry, Physics/Earth Science and Biology.
- SMARTBOARDS in all classrooms and resource centers.
- Computers are available in all resources centers, the library, science labs, art studios, guidance complex, faculty work areas and offices.
- Technology courses are part of the 9th year curriculum; advanced courses are offered as elective courses to upper class persons.
- Library offers computers, Nooks, and 40 online databases with resources that may be accessed in school or at home.
- Students enjoy the support and direction of the same Guidance Counselor for four years.
- Juniors and Seniors have a full-time College Counselor.
- SAT Prep classes are offered at a nominal fee. A program of Ivy/Elite college visits is funded through a special grant.
- Students are consistently among those recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Program, National Achievement Scholarship Program, and the National Hispanic Recognition Program.
- Every member of the graduating class earns a New York State Regents diploma.
Sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph, Brentwood, NY,
The Mary Louis Academy is Chartered by the State of New York,
Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.